Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring-ting-tingling too . . . okay, we’re skipping ahead a bit!! What can we say, we love the holidays . . . but then again, who doesn’t??? In honor of the three fun filled months ahead, we’ve decided to put together a weekly Photo Challenge . . . who doesn’t love a good photo challenge??? Over the next 11 weeks, will announce a festive photo theme for each week. We love photo challenges because they push you to see things in a different light. This is going to be so much fun, and we can’t wait to see all of the creative images that are submitted each week!!!
Since, we are already into October, the first week will only have three full days for submission and there will only be three themes this month.
How it works:
Monday: Every Monday morning, we will announce the current week’s theme on The Fort blog & Facebook.
Monday-Friday (image submission closes at 5pm CST each Friday): Image Submission is open
• Submit your image via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (write the theme in the subject line)
• Save your image for web: maximum width 836px and maximum height 556px
• Include your watermark
• Include your name, email, URL, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Submit your image before 5pm CST each Friday.
Saturday-Sunday: Lot’s of HARD work for us!! We will sift through all of the images and narrow it down to one winner per week.
Monday: Each Monday morning, we will notify the winner via email. The winning photographer will receive a blog post featuring the winning image and links to his/her website. In addition, he/she will receive a badge to place on his/her website announcing that he/she won The Fort’s weekly challenge.
Monday: In the winner announcement blog post, we will also announce the next theme.
***Important: there will be an additional contest (for our weekly winners) at the end of December, so please stay tuned for further details!!!!***
Rules & Fine Print:
• The primary subject in the image submitted must be male.
• Images submitted must have been taken within the past month of their submission date. (Ex. an image submitted on 10/9/12 must have been taken between 9/9/12 and 10/9/12.)
• Copyright of images submitted must belong to the person submitting the image.
• The Fort will not be held responsible for any content submitted to the weekly photo challenge.
• There are no physical prizes awarded to the weekly winners. The prize is exposure and promotion on our blog.